Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sausage Rolls


Ok, so these things are delicious! Whenever I have a party, people insist that I make them. One time, my friend Margo called to say she was running late, but wanted me to make sure that I saved a few rolls for her. The recipe comes from my sister in-law's mother Peggy. Peggy made these at a christmas party a few years back and I think I ate the entire plate. If you need a quick little something for your guests to nibble on then this is it!

1 sage sausage roll- jimmy dean works fine.
1 white onion- chopped fine
1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
a pinch of thyme- if you have it.
2 packages of crescent rolls

First, brown the sausage with the onion. Once it is cooked through, drain the grease. Now, pour the meat mixture into a bowl. Then add the cream cheese. Stir until everything is incorporated.


When it is all mixed up, place it in the fridge to firm it up. While it is in the refrigerator you can get out the crescent rolls.

Unroll them and then cut them in half, so the sausage rolls are a small little bite. Just cut each triangle into 2 smaller triangles. Now it is time to stuff them. Put a small dollop of mixture into each roll, then fold up the corners.


Once you have stuffed them all, you can either bake them right away, put them in the fridge until your guests come over, or freeze them and use another day. There is usually a little extra meat mixture left over, which you can freeze as well. To cook, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and bake them for about 10-15 minutes on the center rack.

I guarantee if you serve these at your next party, you won't have any leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment