Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Best Baguette


I have tried a few bread recipes here and there. But this is the best by far. I love it. I feel like I could make it at least once a week. It's super easy as well. I don't know if I will ever buy bread again, unless it is from a fabulous bakery. I recently purchased a Kitchenaid mixer....oh do I love it!

Recipe
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
4 to 4 1/2 cups King Arthur Bread Flour- it is the best
2 1/2 teaspoons salt

In a large bowl combine the water with yeast and sugar. Let this mixture sit for about 5 minutes. It should be foamy on top. If it is not foamy then you need to start over. Once it is foamy add 2 cups of flour to the mixture. Mix it well. You can now place the bowl in your mixer or continue to mix by hand. Once the flour is combined slowly add in the remaining 2 cups of flour and the salt. I use the dough hook on my mixer and mix for about 5 minutes. If the dough is still sticky, simply add a little more flour.

Once it is all kneaded place the dough in an oiled bowl. Cover and let it rise for about an hour and 1/2. If you have more time to let it rise then all the better.

After it has risen, punch the dough down and form into a long baguette. I have also split it in half and made 2 smaller baguettes. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. I place my pizza stone in the oven at this time, if you don't have one you can simply bake on any baking sheet.

Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, let cool and enjoy!

My new mixer!



No comments:

Post a Comment